Cable Avoidance – Cat & Genny
By the end of the course the delegate should be able to:
- Identify different types of underground services.
- Use pipe and cable locators.
- Safely operate a basic Cable Avoidance Tool and Genny.
- Demonstrate an awareness of methods concerning the detection of underground services.
- Select and understand cable plans.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Review of HSG 47 Avoiding Danger from Underground Services
- Identifying underground apparatus and supporting utilities
- Map reading and identification of legends
- Practical map scale of apparatus
- DVD (Dead or Alive)
- Trial holes
- Introduction to CAT and Genny
- DVD (CAT and Genny Training)
- Locating cable run
- Situations relevant to and injuries from, hitting different utilities
Training Provider Certificate
Cable Avoidance Refresher Course recommended after 3 years (for regular users).
Categorised in: Health & Safety