Who is the course aimed at?
All team leaders, managers and staff looking to widen their influencing skills and enhance their level of assertiveness.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to …
- Define influence and assertiveness.
- Understand the differences between submissive, aggressive and assertive behaviour.
- Show the different styles of assertion and their uses.
- Identify the behaviours of effective influencers.
- Show how some people are easier to influence than others.
- Recognise and demonstrate the main sources of power.
- Recognise and demonstrate the main influencing strategies.
- Determine the right strategies for key contacts in your workplace.
¨ What is influence and assertiveness?
¨ The relationship between submissive, aggressive and assertive behaviour
¨ Six styles of assertion.
¨ The behaviours of those regarded as effective influencers.
¨ What makes some people easier to influence then others?
¨ Sources of power
¨ Key influencing strategies.
¨ The best strategies for the key people you need to influence.
- Practical Exercises
- Case Studies
- Skill Practice
- DVD based exercise
- Syndicate Sessions