NEW* JCT Standard Building Contract 2016 – Theory & Practice
JCT Contract Training
This course combines theory and practice and is suitable for those new to the JCT and those looking to update their knowledge.
The course combines slide presentations from the trainer and team based activities which bring a realism to the proceedings.
Introduction to the Contract
Overview of 2016 changes
Exploration of Key Contract Clauses, areas covered include :-
- Liquidated Damages
- Loss & Expense
- Valuing Variations
- Provisional Sums
- Extensions of Time
- Delay Notices
- Reasons for Delays
- Practical Completion
- Sectional Completion
- Partial Possession
- Dispute Avoidance & Resolution
- Practical Advice on record keeping
- Enter the JCT Jungle ! – A group based interactive exercise which involves team working and problem solving activities.
Important Note: Attendees must bring their own copy of:
- JCT 2016 Standard Building Contract With Quantities
- JCT 2016 Standard Building Contract Without Quantities
Please note, only bring one or other of these versions, you do not need to bring both.
Duration: 1 day
Categorised in: Supervisory & Management