The Leadership and Management Development Fund is a one-year competitive fund. It will enable large construction companies (with more than 250 directly employed staff) to invest in developing the leadership, management or supervisory skills of their staff.
In response to COVID-19 CITB have expanded the funds to support business sustainability as well as business improvement.
This initial one-year fund will be used to guide subsequent investment (in the grants scheme and more broadly), to ensure more businesses of all sizes can benefit from the learning.
Noted below are some of the key points about the fund:
- Launch Date 14 April 2020 – full details and application forms available here https://www.citb.co.uk/levy-grants-and-funding/grants-funding/leadership-and-management-development-fund/
- Deadline 31st July 2020
- Individual or collaborative bids (including supporting the supply-chain) will be welcomed
- Projects up to 12 months
- Up to £100k per application (large bids will need to show significant impact)
- Funding will be paid against agreed milestones
- Project evaluation will be very important to inform future funds
- Bids will need to demonstrate additionality i.e. not funding existing programmes. Broad interpretation: more scale, different delivery methods, enhancement to existing programme
- Range of fundable activity will be broad and focussed on business setting outcomes and approach