It’s been a challenging time for the economy, finances of businesses and workers under pressure. From April 1st CITB is:
- From April 1st CITB is doubling grant rates for short courses to help businesses offer more training and support employers delivering core skills to teams amid rising costs
- Grants up to £240 will be made available to support employers with their training needs, including leadership and management courses
- Increasing the grant rates for specific supervision and management qualifications
- Increasing the grant rate for specific supervisory and management short qualifications to support the changes announced by CSCS that all industry accredited card holders must have a recognised qualification. Grant rates start at £125
- Skills & Training fund continues to be available for all micro – medium sized companies
- CITB will attend the CECA Scotland T & D forum on April 25th in Perth
- Leadership & Management for Large companies available (close date for initial application is end of May, we have contacted all companies eligible on a 1-1 basis)
- CECA Skills Academy, we will be looking to support this excellent initiative
- Employer Network: A new project is planned to pilot in Scotland, further information when everything confirmed
INDUSTRY IMPACT FUND
Why has this fund been launched, the fund is an opportunity for levy registered companies to propose and develop new solutions to industry skills and training challenges.
- CITB are not being prescriptive and are looking for new industry ideas that are sustainable, scalable and can have a beneficial impact on industry.
- The solution has to show how it can permanently be imbedded when the funding stops.
- Applications can come from micro – large companies.
- It has to be sustainable, scalable and have a wider benefit to industry. Nothing that can be duplicated
- How much is the funding? A maximum of £500,000.
- No application on the website, please discuss with Billy Baxter from CITB. Once the proposal has been discussed and looks suitable, we can progress with an application.
- Further details will be sent and happy to discuss on a 1-1 basis or at a meeting.