Duration: 2 Days Classroom training.
Group Size: Maximum 8 delegates.
Who should attend: Management, Client Officers, Technicians and any person not actually installing Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) but requiring knowledge of basic practice of TTM on urban and rural roads.
The aim of this course: is to provide candidates with the necessary underpinning technical knowledge to enable them to liaise with the traffic management teams and understand current working practice management on single or dual carriageway up to 40mph.
On completion of the session delegates will: –
• Have a working knowledge of National Highway Sector Schemes.
• Interpret the requirements of ‘The Safety at Street Works and Road Works, A Code of Practice (The Red Book)’ and further guidance from ‘The Traffic Signs Manual, Chapter 8’
• Consider all options available to determine the level and extent of the Temporary Traffic Management required.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the site risk assessment process.
• Have the ability to assess and determine temporary traffic layout required for a given work location, activity or operation.
• Understand the standard of equipment that is acceptable to use.
• Realise the implications of changing conditions on site.
• Have the confidence to liaise with site staff for appropriate remedial actions.
• Have the ability to confirm suitability of TTM plans prior to work starting on site.
Registration: On successful completion of the training the candidates will receive a Traffic Management Module 7 Card which is valid for 5 years.
Categorised in: Roadworks / Utilities / Excavation