By the end of the course the delegate should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Select and mount appropriate disc/wheel for the work in hand.
- Correctly use the machine/s.
- Dress the wheel.
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Introduction to the equipment
- Practical use of machine/s
- Hand Arm Vibration
- Cutting and grinding of various objects with various machines
- Hazards and precautions to be observed when using abrasive wheels and cutting discs
- Dust suppression
- Examination of abrasive wheels
- Mounting of abrasive wheels
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Types and functions of wheels and discs
- Selection, testing and mounting of wheels and discs
- Care, maintenance, transport, handling and storage of wheels and discs
Training Provider Certificate – Valid for 3 years.
Abrasive Wheels / Cutting Discs (Stihl Saws)
Refresher Course after 3 years.
Categorised in: Health & Safety