CPCS Appointed Persons: Lifting Operations A61
Duration: 5 days
This course is suitable for supervisors and managers with responsibility for lifting operations. This course will give you an understanding of the appointed person’s responsibilities and how to fulfil them.
On passing the technical tests, you gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card).
If you already hold the CPCS Code A40 Slinger/Signaller, you will also achieve the CPCS Code A62 Crane Supervisor qualification.
- Observe regulations and Codes of Practice
- Follow safe systems of work including method statements
- Take personal responsibility
- Describe different types of cranes and associated terminology
- Understand crane documentation
- Understand crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Appreciate tower cranes
- Observe British Standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes Guidlines sections 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Recognise the role of appointed persons
- Plan a lift
Teaching and assessment
- 4 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment – CPCS technical tests
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests.
- CITB health, safety and environment test (managers and professionals level) passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- You should have sufficient experience of cranes to meet the requirements specified in British standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Categorised in: Plant