CDM for Duty Holders and Responsibilities
This course is suitable for organisations and individuals involved in all types of construction work. The course is designed to give an overview of all the duty holder roles and legal duties under current legislation.
You will learn about your contractor responsibilities under the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015.
On completing the course you will have an understanding of:
- Your legal position with regard to CDM
- Identify the roles of the principal designer, designer, client, principal contractor and contractor
- Recognise the importance of the requirements for assessment of knowledge, skills, experience and resources in the appointment of dut holders
- Demonstrate knowledge of the application of the ‘Principles of prevention’ to eliminate, reduce and control risks
- Identify the requirements for project documentation
- Identify the requirements for the provision of information
The course covers:
- CDM 2015 overview
- Duty holder responsibilities and appointments: Clients, Principal Designers, Designers, Principal Contractors and Contractors
- Notification of projects
- Preparation of the client brief
- Preparation of pre-construction information
- The elimination, reduction and control of risks through design
- Planning, managing and monitoring construction work
- Construction phase plan requirements
- Application of CDM Part 4 ‘General requirements for all construction sites’
- Health and Safety file requirements
Teaching and assessment
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies and classroom discussion.
Qualifications you gain
- Training Provider certificate.
Categorised in: Supervisory & Management