Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme: Site Safety Plus
Duration: 2 days
This two-day Site Safety Plus course is for site supervisors.
You will learn about your legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
The certificate you gain is valid for 5 years.
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Specific site issues that challenge supervisors on a daily basis
- Effective toolbox talks
- Supervision of occupational health
- Behavioural safety
The course also includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
BUILDUK recognises this course as meeting the required standard for all supervisors working on BUILDUK sites.
Teaching and assessment
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations. You will need to do some self-study outside the course.
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend all 2 days – see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
- Multiple-choice test.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB Site Safety Plus certificate
You must renew this qualification every five years by attending the SSSTS refresher course. You need to do this before your certificate expires or you will need to re-take the full SSSTS course.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- You will need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
Categorised in: Health & Safety