CITB Temporary Works General Awareness
This one-day Site Safety Plus course gives you a broad understanding of temporary works and industry best practice, including good safety risk management.
You gain the Site Safety Plus certificate at the end.
- Understand what constitutes temporary works and how they are used in construction
- Raise your awareness and improve your understanding of the need to plan for temporary works in construction
- Support your understanding of common temporary works issues
- Gain a greater understanding of the management process for temporary works
- Raise your awareness of the other roles and responsibilities involved in the temporary works process
Who is it for?
The course is likely to benefit:
- People who are not likely to undertake the role of Temporary Works Coordinator or Temporary Works Supervisor in the future, but who may be involved in the temporary works process during construction planning
- Directors, contract managers, site foremen, estimators, planners, procurement, commercial Managers
- Health and safety professionals who want a better understanding of temporary works
- Graduates and people who are new to the construction industry or have move into construction from a different industry
- People who do come from civil engineering or building sectors, but who may use temporary works, e.g. mechanical and electrical contractors, local authority building maintenance, nuclear decommissioning, utility companies
- Overseas contractors who want to learn from UK best practice
- Permanent works designers involved in temporary works, other consulting or structural engineers
- Principal designers and client’s representatives
- People from the training industry – University and college lecturers
- Sales people for equipment or plant suppliers
Teaching and assessment
- 1 day of training: you must attend the full 7.5 hours.
- Examination at the end of the day: multiple choice test. You need to pass this to gain your certificate.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.
Categorised in: Supervisory & Management