Confined Space Entry and Escape Breathing Apparatus (CSBA)Training Course
A one day awareness course including awareness of Escape set Breathing Apparatus.
Is this the right course for you?
- This course is for persons who need to understand the risks associated with Low /Medium risk confined spaces and may plan, enter, work in and exit confined spaces using Escape Set breathing apparatus (open or closed circuit).
Anticipated benefits of attending (for the delegate)
- A better understanding of safety and the assessment of risk, and the avoidance of harm to you and those around you.
- Greater confidence to work in confined spaces. Greater confidence to identify and stop unsafe actions.
Anticipated benefits of attending (for the employer)
- The avoidance of serious injury and major harm to employees and evidence towards competence of employees.
- Employees who feel they can make a greater contribution to the workplace and who feel their employer has made an investment in their future.
What you will learn.
- To appreciate the risks associated with entering a confined space and relevant legislation.
- Awareness of the procedures for entering a confined space and the equipment and systems required to do so safely.
- Awareness of using Escape Set breathing apparatus, how the equipment works and the checks you will complete to keep you safe (refer to our guidance about practical exercises and working with Breathing Apparatus).
What qualifications will you achieve?
- You will receive a certificate of attendance from Develop Training Limited.
How is this course delivered?
- The theory of confined space entry is delivered in the classroom, but there is an emphasis on a hands-on experience with a practical exercise and assessment incorporating tripods, winches/fall arrest retrieval units, harnesses, gas monitors, and escape set breathing apparatus.
Do you need to bring anything with you?
- Delegates should bring their own safety footwear, waterproof clothing, high visibility vest/clothing, hard hat and working gloves for the practical exercises. We have a selection of harnesses but please bring your own harness if you wish.
- Delegates can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or permits to work so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
Delegates undertaking this course might also consider:
- Working in Low Risk Confined Spaces (CSE1)
A one day training course incorporating City and Guilds assessment and accreditation 6150-01 or 6150-51 (Water UK or General Industry).
- Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces (CSE2)
A two day training course incorporating City and Guilds assessment and accreditation 6150-02 or 6150-52 (Water UK or General Industry).
Categorised in: Health & Safety