This course will enable delegates to undertake the duties of a crane supervisor as defined by the appointed person.
Delegates will learn how to comply with legislation, regulations, Codes of Practice and industrial requirements and gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests at the end.
- Legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice relating to lifting duties
- Safe systems of work including method statements
- Taking personal responsibility
- Different types of cranes and associated terminology
- Understanding crane documentation
- Understanding crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Crane appreciation
- Observing British Standard 7121
- Understanding the role of crane supervisor
- Understanding the role of appointed person
- Preparing an area with exclusion zones.
Teaching and assessment
- 3 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment – CPCS technical tests
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests.
Categorised in: Plant