About EUSR Categories 3, 4 & 5 – Install, Inspect & Remove Timber, Steel and Proprietary Excavation Support Systems *Refresher*
This refresher course re-introduces the learner to the theoretical and practical dangers of excavation work. Examples of areas covered are but not limited to the HSE’s HSG150, HSG 47 guidance, the Construction Industry Research and Information Associations report.
Learners will be refreshed on the necessity for identifying various ground conditions, and will be re-familiarised on a variety of methods for utilising the appropriate ground retention system(s).
The refresher training is 95% highly practical in nature. Candidates will be practically assessed whilst installing ground support systems in a ‘live dig’ environment. We do not train in false environments (no concrete pits).
Teaching includes installation to a specific temporary works designs. We do not train in false environments (no concrete pits)
The 1 day course can accommodate up to 8 delegates per day.
- Identify the dangers and hazards associated with working in excavations
- Differentiate between soil types and conditions
- Recognise suitable ground retention systems
- Carry out risk assessments unique to excavations
- Recognise the hazards, and implement control measures for those hazards
- Be able to safely install, inspect, and remove timber, steel and proprietary shoring equipment with practical experience in doing so
- Interpret specific temporary works designs
Candidates must either currently hold an in-date EUSR Categories 3, 4 & 5 qualification or have expired within the last 30 days in order to be eligible to attend this refresher training.
Our staff must verify that candidates hold or have held the EUSR Categories via the EUSR website. We offer a 30 day grace period from expiry. In order to verify candidates are eligible for the refresher training we will require candidates full name and their respective EUSR ID (number shown on their card). Should candidates be unable to locate their EUSR Card number contact our office to discuss.
Who will benefit?
Managers, supervisors, safety professionals and/or operatives who are required to oversee or carry out work in or around excavations. If you physically install, inspect or remove shoring systems and have been qualified previously, this course is essential to maintain your qualifications.
- EUSR photo id card with qualifications stated on the back of the card, valid for 3 years
- Qualification will not show as ‘refresher’ as this training re-qualifies candidates to EUSR Categories 3+4+5 and the full qualifications are updated upon passing the course
- Groundforce Training certificate of attendance (in addition to EUSR card)
Categorised in: Roadworks / Utilities / Excavation