Safe Working Practices Around Construction Plant Equipment
This course is for anyone working with construction plant machinery who needs to be aware of the dangers of operating in close proximity to other vehicles/obstructions.
Candidates will learn about excavation awareness and traffic/vehicle movements on site.
- Theoretical knowledge of excavator movements
- Quick hitch best practice
- Spoil characteristics
- Underground and overground services
- New Roads and Street Works signing and guarding
- Working at height near excavations
- Safety signs and signals within vehicle movements
- Bankspersons’ roles and responsibilities according to legislation
- Codes of practice
- Manufacturer’s instructions/guidance.
Teaching and assessment
- 2 days training using a series of practical classroom based activities.
Qualifications you get
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Categorised in: Health & Safety