This Signing Lighting and Guarding training programme is designed for Operatives and Supervisors who have to locate underground apparatus for work on the roadways and highways.
• New Roads and Street Works Act.
• Basic principles of signing, lighting and guarding.
• Traffic control measures.
• Practical use of the Code of Practice.
• Portable traffic lights.
• Practical use of equipment.
By the end of the Signing, Lighting and Guarding training course delegates will be able to:
• Understand the basic principles of the NRSW Act and standards
• Identify and use correct traffic control measures.
• Erect and dismantle signing, guarding and lighting safely and in accordance with the supporting Code of Practice.
• Correctly and confidently operate the equipment used.
The NRSW Signing Lighting and Guarding course is highly interactive with a high proportion of discussions, best practice sharing, syndicate practical exercises and case studies will be supplemented with classroom based tutorial.
Delegates will be continuously assessed during the NRSW Signing Lighting and Guarding course in preparation for the written exam and and practical assessment.
Supervisors have to demonstrate the ability to monitor a site and compile written reports in order to successfully complete the course.
Upon successful completion delegates will receive unit accreditation by way of a certificate.
Pre-Requisites: The minimum entry requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English. Only those with experience should attend, this is an assessment or test.
Categorised in: Excavations & Roads / Utlilties