CISRS Operative Training Scheme (COTS)
Duration: 1 day
This course is for people who are new to scaffolding.
Existing CISRS Scaffolding Labourer (green) Card holders also need to take this course to renew their card every five years.
The course teaches the basics of the industry and how to work safely with scaffolding and access equipment.
- General responsibilities
- Basic scaffolding terminology (components and application)
- Servicing of equipment (tube, fittings, boards etc.)
- Boards and stock – quality control
- Health, welfare, hygiene and housekeeping
- Electrical safety
- Fire prevention and control
- Noise and vibration
- Working at height
- Accident prevention and reporting
- Slips, trips and falls
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Transport safety on site
- Equipment and tools
- Manual handling (including loading and unloading)
- Lifting equipment using rope and wheel
- Questions/test paper
Teaching and assessment
The course is one day (eight hours) long.
It includes a minimum of six hours’ tuition, and practical exercises and exams
Qualifications you get
- Certificate of attendance on completing the course
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.