Overview of climate change – what is climate change and why is it occurring faster as a result of human activities?
– The policy context – including the UK Climate Change Act, the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change & the Paris Agreement, and the IPCC Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5 ºC
– Net Zero explained – what is Net Zero? What does the term Net Zero mean? What is the difference between this and Carbon Neutral?
– Carbon calculation – Measuring carbon emissions, define what Net Zero is for an organisation in real terms and setting relevant targets (this would cover scope 1-3 emissions)
– Overview of what Net Zero means for an:
Organisation – what is a baseline and how is this set? What are carbon targets and how does an organisation identify the actions needed to get there? How do they monitor progress against their targets?
Project – what is PAS 2080 Carbon Management in Infrastructure and what does it mean for projects? How to measure a project’s GHG emissions in both construction and operation of the built asset.
Product – what is an Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) and what does it tell you (this would cover the basics of greenhouse gas emissions in a product lifecycle)?
– The details behind PAS 2080 and the carbon reduction hierarchy
– Typical emissions hotspots in major infrastructure projects such as rail and road projects
– Best practice and what it looks like, and the typical mitigation options during design and delivery
– Measuring and managing carbon in project scheme design and delivery
Duration: 1 Day